Planning your microwedding in Edinburgh?
Andrew gets a lot of global clients asking about wedding photography for microweddings in Edinburgh. Our lovely city is a popular destination for people from all over the world. We really shouldn’t be so surprised!
Edinburgh has so many beautiful hotels, from the historic Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – Caledonian Hotel (below), to the intimate boutique hotel at 24 Royal Terrace. It makes sense when you’re travelling to Edinburgh for such an important day that you spoil yourselves with some luxury accommodation!
So why choose Edinburgh for your microwedding or elopement?
Here are our top 5 reasons:
- The city has a huge range of accommodation to suit all tastes and budgets – see above.
- We have beautiful historic locations for photographs, from Edinburgh Castle to St. Giles Cathedral on the Royal Mile. Do check well in advance with locations to arrange permission though. Priority will be given to weddings that are booked in to these venues but you can often arrange for a wedding photoshoot if you’re not booked in to the venue. Each location has it’s own terms through, check out our separate post about photography rights at historic Edinburgh locations.
- Scotland is steeped in history. Have a look at some Scottish wedding traditions here, or learn more about handfasting.
- It has great transport links to anywhere in the world. We’ve had families travelling from Germany, Brazil, China, Mexico and even the Western isles of Scotland to name but a few!
- We may not always have perfect weather but we make up for it in romance!
And finally, don’t forget to book your wedding photographer well in advance. There may only be a few of you, maybe only the two of you, but you still deserve to have beautiful photographs of your day. A local photographer like Andrew will know all the best spots, and be able to advise you on access and permissions. Don’t leave it too late!